GameWisp uses OAuth2 as the main authorization mechanism for access to GameWisp channel and user data. This is a standard OAuth2 implementation that currently leverages the authorization code grant flow.
If future applications request/require it, additional grant flows may be added in the future.
- Generate a client ID and secret for your application via GameWisp.
- Build a url to /oauth/authorize and put it in a link on a page on your site.
- Once the user clicks on that link, they’ll be directed to the /oauth/authorize endpoint on GameWisp.
- The user will either approve access to your app or decline. In either case, they’ll be redirected to the redirect_uri you specify with an authorization code (in the case of approval) or an error (in the case of denying access).
- If the user approved access, take the code parameter and use the /oauth/token endpoint to receive an access_ token and a refresh_token.
The next step is to Register Your Application.